Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Angelfall by Susan Ee

Genre: YA Angel Apocalypse Fantasy 
Pages: 326
Type: #1 in Penryn and the End of the Days Trilogy
My Rating: 4/5
Synopsis: It's been six weeks since the angels of the apocalypse destroyed the world as we know it. Only pockets of humanity remain. 
Savage street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. 
When angels fly away with a helpless girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back...
Even make a deal with a wingless and broken warrior angel, Raffe. Together, they must help each other and learn to survive. 

My Review: 
  It's been a week, maybe, since I read this book, and I have to say, I don't think much about the book. I mean, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it. But just not that much. Obviously. Four stars. I don't get how people loved the book so much. Maybe for me, it was because of the hype. So much hype around this book. God. 
  Anyway. I started off really enjoying it. It was a great start and I was hooked. I was the fish who was stupid enough to put the bait into their mouth. Although here, I wouldn't say that it was a stupid move, since I devoured the book. Lol. 
  I loved Raffe and Penryn's relationship. It was so sarcastic and funny. The comebacks they would fire at each other would just make my heart go up in flames. I loved them as individuals as well. 
  I did feel like the other relationships just grew unrealisticly fast. And I hate it when that happens. Also, I felt like in the beginning, the tone of the writing was a bit too casual. Like it would suit a contemporary not a fantasy and, considering that Penryn's sister was kidnapped and their world is being torn apart, I think it was very out of place. Or maybe it's just me. 
  And I absolutely loved the twist that Ee gave to angels. It is so unique. I'm so tired of good Angels being good Angels and the fallen angels being the bad ones. Here, the good Angels were the bad Angels, and the fallen ones didn't care, I guess. 
  I loved the ending, it kept me on the edge of my seat. And there were a lot of mysteries that need to be solved. Overall, I felt like it was good book, and anyone who likes Angels and apocalyptic books with the slightest tinge of romance, this is a good one for you. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment