Saturday, September 6, 2014

Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

The feels. This book has got ALL the feels I can think of. So if you don't wanna cry, do not read the book now. THIS IS A DISCUSSION. SO THERE ARE GONNA BE SPOILERS FOR THE PREVIOUS AND THIS BOOK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Pages: 443
Type: #3 in The Vampire Academy Series
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Synopsis: It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.


  OH. MY. GOD. This book was fabulously fabulous. Yup, I'm doing it again! This is my first discussion EVER, as I generally tend to write reviews. I just didn't feel like writing a review for this book. Cuz... I didn't. Enough formalities, let's get into the discussion. 
  In the beginning of the book, when Rose was in Lissa's head and there was some hot stuff going on with Mr. Ozera, I thought in was gonna die of laughter. Literally. I always find these escapades to Lissa's mind when she's got some hot stuff diggin, hilarious. 
  Then when she goes out and overhears all that Victor stuff. God. I was like, you were supposed to get that stuff done long ago. I was really irritated by Tatiana. And her stupidity. I feel like she should have let Dashkov rot in that other dangerous prison place long ago. 
  As usual, I found Adrian's company welcome. I feel like he's just the best person to be around of when you're low. Unless, of course you could get Mason back. I was SO heartbroken when Mason died. And then when he started showing up, I was like WHAT THE F? 
  Anyways, I was actually seriously scared about the whole ghost on the airplane thing. And honestly, when Lissa's family were like telling, no scratch that. Showing, Rose that she needs to come back, I was seriously freaked. To death. But then when she figured out the whole ward thing, I was like, Oh. Thank God. At least they won't kill her. 
  When the field duties were being given out, I just knew Rose wouldn't get Lissa. I could feel it, you know. I thought she'd get Adrian or someone, but she got Christian. Which was fine with me. 
  And. Finally. Rose, congrats on losing your virginity. Aah! I was so proud of them. I was like... I just couldn't believe it, you know. I couldn't keep this grin off my face. And then fuckin Strigoi had to ruin it. It was so freaky. I was sure Rose wouldn't leave Dimitri. But. You know. She did. Cuz she's not dumb. And stupid. And selfish. 
  And when she ran like thunder and told Stan buria. I was like, Stan, shut your fucking mouth and go and hell Dimitri not die! Which is what he did. So... Go Stan! 
  And then I loved the whole Rose and Christian get together... Strigoi-hunt thing. I loved the whole team. And I thought that was seriously so cool. Which it was. 
  And then when the whole fight was over and stuff, I was like, Eddie! Are you kidding me!? First Mason. Now Eddie. I loved the whole part when they realize that Moroi could help. So they should. Unfortunately, what I thought turned out to be wrong. You know. That good people would win against the bad people. 
 Yeah... I didn't know it would be so bad! I couldn't believe the fact that Dimitri could be dead. I really couldn't. I was crying and crying. And then my dad came in and he's like, Why are you crying? And I'm just like, this guy died. In this war thing. And that's so bad! 
  I hated Lissa towards the end. She was being so selfish. I swear! Like, when Roza said that she had to help Dimitri and stuff, she was like no. I can't. I... Couldn't believe it. When Rose said all those things she said, I was like, Yes! Go Rose! 
  And when Rose went and asked Mason whether Dimitri had turned Strigoi! I couldn't believe it! Dimitri! Of all people! 
  And then, in the end when Rose is quitting The Academy to pursue Dimitri and kill him! Some part of me believed and still does that Dimitri's love will win out. He will see her and remember everything that happened before. And he'll be good. At least that's all I can hope for! 

Wow. That was long. Really long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment