Friday, July 11, 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Hey booklovers!
  Yesterday I read Obsidian. Needless to say, it was amazing! A full on 5 out of 5 stars! I have no idea what genre to put this in. So, let's just say, YA E.T. Contemporary Romance. Hope that made sense.

The real synopsis is really good, so I'm just going to put that in: 


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Wasn't that an amazing synopsis?! OK. Katy. She was a great character. I really liked her character and her attitude. I also loved the fact that she was obsessed with books, because that makes her very relatable. I also like the way she stands up to Daemon. OMG! And that part where she dumped the spaghetti on Ash and Daemon, you rock Kat! 

Daemon. I liked him even though he was a jerk. I knew he'd come around. And he kinda did. But what he said in the beginning and the things he did, ouch. They really hurt. I literally felt like getting in the book and punching him. Unfortunately, hitting an alien is impossible. Or so I feel. 

Dee. I really liked her. She was fun and kinda outgoing, and I really liked that about her. She was an altogether great character. She was kinda like a little child, you know? She could be serious when she wants and she could be fun when she wants.

Plot. The overall part was great. I liked the whole aspect of Arum and Luxen. Dark and light. Night and day. I loved all the action parts and all the mushy parts. Suffice to say, I devoured the book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment