Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blackmailed for Vengeance by Marie Kelly

So, today I read this book called (surprise, surprise) Blackmailed For Vengeance by Marie Kelly. This is an NA Contemporary Romance. I hadn't planned on reading it, but I did end up reading it. That too in one sitting. *Claps for herself*. But, you know I really can't take the credit since the book was barely 200 pages. I gave it a 3 stars out of 5. Warning: This book has some explicit scenes, but seriously, they're not as bad as the cover. That cover is... Wild. 
 
24 year old Lee Andrews is just a normal woman, with a normal life. But then, when her friend goes into coma, her life changes. She's blamed as a "gold digger" by her friend's childhood friend and a multi millionaire, Yanis Demitri. 
  Yanis decides that he needs to teach Lee, the gold digger, a lesson. Except, he's absolutely misunderstanding the whole situation. He doesn't know that Lee is not who he thinks she is. As the lesson becomes something more, more misunderstandings take place and threaten to break Lee. 

So. I hope that was a good enough synopsis. Cuz it's my own. This book was a good one. It wasn't as professional as I expected it to be. If you read books on Wattpad, that's the kind of book I'm talking about here. The writing really didn't excite me much. There were LOADS of spelling mistakes and at first I thought it was just the ebook I was reading from. But turns out, a lot of people on Goodreads had the same issue. So, I guess that counts. Anyways, the punctuation, or rather, LACK of punctuation was downright annoying. The book itself had a typical storyline to it. Even the twist in the story wasn't very... Strong. It was just eh. By the time I reached the end of the book, the twist was forgotten (by me). And to me, that seems like the whole point of reading a book. I think it was an OK book. Could've done better. But I don't think I'm going to really remember the story, which is what a good book is all about. Other than that, the characters were really pleasant. I especially liked Lee. She was a good female character. Yanis was a great male one as well. Hope this review hels you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment