Monday, July 28, 2014

See Through Me by Sera Bright

I think I can post things. Today I'mma review See Through Me by Sera Bright.

Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Pages: 188
Type: #1 in Lose My Senses 
Rating: 3 stars
Synopsis: There's only one person Katie Flynn wants to see when she returns home. But she knows he won't be waiting for her. It's the reason she feels safe enough to finally come back.

She's wrong.

Ash Townsend isn't the same quiet boy from next door. He's tall, dark and demanding answers. He wants her, but he doesn't trust her. Who can blame him? When his own family tried to break him down, he still sheltered her in a town full of liars. And she repaid it by leaving him behind without a word.

Because she'll do anything to protect him. She has the scars on her wrist to prove it.

Contains strong language, explicit sexual situations, and mature themes. This novel is not intended for readers under the age of 18.

This is a book I got for reviewing. I got an eARC. But anyways, this book took me a much longer time to finish than I was expecting. That's in account of the fact that it's only 200 pages long. Generally, a good 200 pages book would take me 2 days to finish. But since that didn't happen, it can only mean one thing. The book wasn't as good as I was expecting. For me.
Because you're looking at this review, I'm pretty sure that you know what the book is about. So, not gonna waste my time on that. 
First off, I thought the writing style was awesome! I think it was really good. For some reason. Can't explain why. That's my first thought. Then later on I felt like the book was going a bit downhill, because it just started getting so boring! It became such a drag! I finished this book because I had to. 
I didn't get the whole story. I was kinda getting fed up of the fact that Katie kept running away from Ash. I didn't know why. 
Generally, such stories, to an extent, are really interesting for me. But seriously, 160 pages worth of running away!? No thanks. 
While I loved Ash and a bit of Katie, I couldn't stomach the storyline. The Reason. 
The secret is out towards the end and I felt like it was just getting better, when BAM! the story is over. It was such an abrupt ending. Before I could realize what was happening, I was at the Acknowledgements. Sad. But, I don't think I'm going to read the next book. I don't want another book full of drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment